The Green Bay Packers will require a vacation to Texas to handle the Houston Texans this Р’ Р’ sunday
- It marks the matchup that is fifth the Packers and Texans, with Green Bay keeping a 3-1 lead, including a 2-0 mark in Houston.
- This is the Packers’ first stop by at Houston since a 42-24 victory in 2012 in Week 6.
- While Green Bay has just played in the Texans twice, it offers played when you look at the state of Texas six times since 2010, like the postseason, and won every one of those games, beating the Dallas Cowboys four times in addition to Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV in Dallas. In all of those six competitions, the Packers have scored over 30Р’ points (31, 42, 37, 34, 35, 34).
- Sunday marks the game that is second of only pair of back-to-back road games for Green Bay in 2020, the fewest for the group since 2013 (zero). This comes following the Packers had three sets of back-to-back road competitions in both 2018 and 2019.
- This is the time that is third period Green Bay will play a casino game that commences at 12 p.m. CT, together with very first since Week 2. The Packers won each of the earlier games that kicked off at 12 p.m. CT, scoring 43 points at Minnesota and 42 points versus Detroit.
- The Packers have started 4-1 when it comes to 2nd consecutive period and for the 3rd amount of time in the very last four years (2017).Р’
- Dating back once again to 2017, Green Bay joins the Kansas City Chiefs (four times) while the teams that are only the NFL to win at the very least four of their very very very first five games in at the least three associated with the final four periods (Stathead.com).
- The Packers have won nine of these final 10 regular-season games.
- The Packers are coming down their first loss in the period. The next week.Р’ in the first season under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, Green Bay lost three regular-season games and each time responded with a win
- Green Bay will go back to Lambeau Field for a Week 8 matchup using the Vikings on Nov. 1. It will function as Packers’ 3rd house game for the season and first since Oct. 5 against Atlanta. Including playoffs, Green Bay comes with a mark that is 8-3-2.692) contrary to the Vikings at Lambeau Field since 2008.
USING THE CALL
FOX will broadcast the overall game to an audience that is national. Play-by-play guy Kenny Albert joins analyst Jonathan Vilma with Shannon Spake reporting through the sidelines.Р’
- Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio system that is consists of 50 channels in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers professional Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers professional Bowler and All-Pro that is two-time John (sideline) will phone the action. McCarren first joined up with the group’s broadcasts in 1995 and gets in their season that is 25th calling games. After initially being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 22nd period of broadcasts together. They exceeded Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the many regular-season and postseason games broadcast when it comes to Packers with 313 during the 2018 period opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast can also be available on Sirius Satellite broadcast (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via computer as well as on many devices through NFL Game Pass.
- DIRECTV members can observe the video game on Channel 709.
THE DOPE ABOUT THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
Packers at Texans:
- Regular period, all-time: 3-1
- All-time, Postseason: 0-0
- All-time, at Houston: 2-0 (2-0 at NRG Stadium)
- Streaks: Green Bay has won two games that are consecutive Houston dating back to towards the 2012 period
- Final conference, regular period: Dec. 4, 2016, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 21-13
- Matt LaFleur: 17-4-0, .810; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL period
- Romeo Crennel: 29-56-0, .341 (0-0 postseason); 7th NFL period
- Check out Head: 0-0
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 0-0 vs. Texans; Crennel 1-0 vs. Packers postseason that is(1-0
MATT LaFLEURРІР‚В¦ In the season that is second as Packers’ fifteenth mind advisor.
- In the 12th period when you look at the NFL, having formerly offered being a unpleasant coordinator for two periods (Los Angeles Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks advisor for six periods (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), plus a unpleasant associate for 2 periods (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- In their very very first period leading the Packers in 2019, considering that the coach that is first club history to lead the group to your playoffs in his first period. Additionally led the biggest one-year win enhancement in group history (plus-seven victories).
- Became just the coach that is fifth NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games inside the very first season as being a mind advisor (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Directed the Titans’ offense in 2018 to a number 7 league position in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus rushing yards, tied up for # 2 into the NFL.
- Aided the inside scoring with on average 29.9 points per game in 2017, significantly more than doubling their average (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, whom led the league in passer score (117.1) on their option to being known as NFL most effective Player because of The Associated Press, and QB Robert read the full info here Griffin III, whom became the QB that is first Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the season in 2012.
ROMEO CRENNELРІР‚В¦Named Texans’ interim mind mentor in 5 of the 2020 NFL season week.