You’ll renew things online via My OskiCat. The renewing materials page for more options and information consult.
You’ll submit online needs for circulating things offered at one campus collection become retrieved and held for pick-up during the blood supply desk of the collection or any other campus collection of the option. To web page materials, make use of the demand switch near the top of a product’s record in OskiCat. For details consult the web paging FAQs.
Request/Borrow from NRLF
UC Berkeley pupils, faculty, staff, and UC Berkeley Library cardholders may request/borrow product through the Northern Regional Library Facility (NRLF).
Going back materials
- Return UCB Library materials to virtually any collection blood circulation desk during available hours, or even to the library that is outdoor/after-hour falls whenever libraries are closed.
- Library laptop computers and products must certanly be gone back to your blood supply desk of this collection from where they certainly were lent.
- Relate to the advice library that is owning details about going back non-book materials after-hours.
- Return receipts might be required from a blood circulation desk for returned product. The Library will not keep accurate documentation of receipts released.
- Materials damaged or incomplete should really be brought instantly to your possessing library blood circulation desk to talk about repair or replacement choices that could be available.
- UC Berkeley Library publications may be returned by also mail. Those items are mailed into the address that is below return:
Principal Circulation University of Ca, Berkeley Library Mailroom 242 Moffitt Library Berkeley, CA 94720-6000
- Clients will likely be accountable for the written publications until these are generally gotten by the Library and tend to be checked in. As a result, we constantly suggest benefiting from the tracking and/or insurance coverage choices through the mail solution you employ.
Fines and charges
Consult the fines web web web web page to find out more about collection fines, fees, overdues, damaged and lost product, payment, obstructs and replacements.
Seek out lacking things
Search needs for materials not located on the shelf rather than tested can be put at any blood supply desk. Borrowers are going to be notified by e-mail whenever search demands have already been found.
Recall checked-out products
Library cardholders with borrowing privileges may remember things tested by another debtor by logging directly into My OskiCat.
- You will be notified by e-mail as soon as the product can be acquired to be found.
- Recalled products ought to be available within 1 week, and positioned on hold in the location of one’s choice.
- The recalls were placed if more than one person has recalled an item, they will be handled in the order.
- If a product you have got checked out is recalled, you have to send it back because of the brand brand brand brand new date that is due.
Current email address updates
- Clients get all hold pickup, recall, overdue, bill, and search notices via e-mail.
- UCB faculty, staff and pupils: improve your current email address into the CalNet Directory. Modifications produced in OskiCat would be overwritten by CalNet updates.
- Non-UCB collection cardholders (those without CalNet IDs): improve your current email address within my OskiCat.
Borrow a laptop computer as well as other devices that are electronic the Library
The Library has MacBook Air laptops 13вЂќ (some laptop computers run Windows and some laptops operate OSX) readily available for temporary and extensive checkout. To get more details, start to see the laptop financing FAQs together with Equipment lending LibGuide.
Fee-based document distribution
- BAKER is really a fee-based document retrieval and distribution solution accessible to UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and graduate pupils. BAKER even offers a unique contract with Lawrence Berkeley nationwide Laboratory, and offers free solutions to UC Berkeley pupils with a printing impairment who’ve been pre-authorized by the Disabled pupilsвЂ™ Program (DSP).
- Duplication Services provides fee-based access through reproductions of many different materials in the UC Berkeley collection collections to many other organizations, businesses and also the public.
Interlibrary Lending/Interlibrary Borrowing (ILL)
- Interlibrary Lending provides use of the materials holdings associated with the UC Berkeley Libraries to institutional borrowers in the usa, Canada, therefore the Uk Library.
- Duplication services can be found to organizations, businesses, plus the public.
- Unique Library Access provider (SLA) provides access that is fee-based the sources of the UC Berkeley Libraries to libraries, information facilities, corporations, along with other companies on a customer foundation.
- Interlibrary Borrowing provides UC Berkeley pupils, faculty and staff usage of materials perhaps perhaps maybe perhaps not offered by UC Berkeley.
Make it possible for OskiCat to keep in mind your checkouts for you, please follow these instructions. Take note, that in the event that you don’t choose in your history will never be conserved.
- Within my OskiCat, get the switch labeled My Reading History during the end regarding the row of buttons off to the right of your title.
- In the event that you find the My Reading History button, youвЂ™ll go to a brand new display which comes with your title along with other information into the top left, but that has a switch labeled Opt In. Below this is the phrase No Reading History Available.
- Press the Opt In button and it surely will alter straight away in to a button that is similar Opt Out with a red X.
- You have got now fired up the Patron History functionality and OskiCat will keep in mind your checkouts.
- The the next occasion you check something out, an entry may be conserved featuring a web link into the product record, the author(s), and also the checkout date.
You shall additionally find four buttons:
- Delete selected: check out the field into the left for the product.
- Delete all
- Opt out: If you wish to choose away, you must first delete your entire entries. Deleting the entries is not undone. By deleting your entries and opting away, you shall efficiently erase all traces of the checkouts through the system.
- Export list: you’ll be delivered to a software where you could, among other actions, send your history (via e-mail) in several platforms, including Pro-Cite and End-Note/RefWorks.
- RefWorks can be acquired to UCB pupils, staff, and faculty without expense. This site could be used to keep your reading history and re-format into numerous scholastic platforms, including APA, MLA, and Chicago Style.
- Borrowers are responsible for library materials charged off to them until these are generally came back to your financing collection.
- Borrowers are forbidden by Library policy from lending their collection card to other people.
- UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff have the effect of keeping an email that is current into the CalNet Directory.
- Library cardholders have the effect of keeping a present current email address in my own OskiCat
- All borrowers are responsible for having an ongoing street address on file because of the Privileges Desk. Clients who would like to work with a PO box target will even have to supply a street address to be placed in their collection account.
Borrowers whom abuse library borrowing privileges might have their privileges suspended through the Library. Types of punishment of library borrowing privileges consist of over over over repeatedly perhaps maybe perhaps not going back materials on time, maybe perhaps maybe not replacement that is paying, perhaps maybe maybe not giving an answer to remember notices, maybe maybe perhaps not returning collection materials even with replacement bills are given, and mutilation or damage of collection materials.